Cheap Car, Van & Home Insurance, loand and credit cards Save Money!

Find Business Insurance

Get a Quote for Insurance and Money

Business Insurance Comparison GuideWelcome to the Business Insurance page.  Please click the 'Get Quotes' button above, or at the bottom of this guide to get a great, super fast and cheap quote from leading providers. You could save money and feel good too, as we will donate 25% of any profit we make to charity.

If you would like to learn some more about business insurance products before searching for a quotation then please continue to read our guide below.

Looking for business or commercial insurance?  
Is your business linked to specialist premises, such as a hairdressers, public house or doctors' surgery?

Perhaps it's located inside a vehicle instead?
Are you looking for insurance that will protect you if you are unable to work or protects others whilst you're working on their premises?  

You've come to the right place!

There are literally thousands of different types of businesses these days, many of which are no longer confined to static premises - you can see lots of vans on the roads offering all manner of mobile services from car valeting to paper-shredding.  Try playing eye-spy with the children next time you're on a long journey and you'll see what we mean!

Whether you own an ice-cream van or provide a courier service, using as a portal to Seopa Ltd's price comparison service you'll obtain competitive quotes for your insurance.   Of course, you'll also be able to find a great quote if you are office-based or run your business from specialist or converted premises.

Insuring the business you’ve worked hard to build up is good sense, so that you have a policy in place covering all the many risks involved and protecting you against potential loss of trading (and hence revenue!) due to an unforeseen event, such as fire damage or theft of stock.  Importantly, if you have employees then it is a legal requirement to have Employers Liability insurance (see below) and if you want protection from third party compensation claims you’ll need Public Liability cover too (see below).

Protecting Yourself and Others

Employers Liability Insurance
Income Protection Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Public Liability Insurance
Tradesman Insurance
Landlord's Insurance

Employers Liability Insurance

If your business has one or more employees, then Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement. (‘Employees’ includes not only full-time staff but also part-time staff, volunteer employees, contractors, sub-contractors and non-contract staff.  You also need this insurance in case of compensation claims, for example if a member of staff were to suffer illness or sustain an injury as a result of working for your business.

Income Protection Insurance

The consumer magazine Which? states that "The one protection policy every working adult in the UK does need is the very one most of us don't have - income protection (IP)" 1.  This insurance is designed to cover your earnings in the event that you are unable to work due to illness or injury.  Some policies also cover redundancy.  It is particularly important for self-employed individuals who do not have the benefit of organisational ill-health schemes to take out Income Protection insurance.  This insurance is typically a long-term form of protection – depending on the policy payouts may be made until retirement age, although shorter payout periods are also available, such as 2-5 years.  Like life insurance, premiums can often be fixed for the policy term.  

Use and the quote form provided by Seopa Ltd. to find a cheap Income Protection Policy. 

Professional Indemnity Insurance

If you are a professional who handles client data or intellectual property or provides advice to paying clients (or a third party) then you may need the protection of professional indemnity insurance in case you make a mistake, or a client considers you have been negligent, hence causing their business to suffer financial loss.  With the litigious culture we live in today, you do not want to end up paying high legal fees to fight your corner if a client decides to proceed with legal action.  Even if you are not at fault, any action raised against you will have to be defended.  If you are found culpable, there will be compensation due to clients afterwards.  Would your business be safe if you had to end up paying for this out of your own pocket?  Rather than take a risk on this never happening, it’s better that you are insured for all eventualities.
The professions or businesses that typically require professional indemnity insurance are: 

  • Accountants;
  • Business and management consultants;
  • Energy assessors and home inspectors;
  • Engineers;
  • Estate and letting agents;
  • IT consultants and suppliers;
  • Marketing and media;
  • Recruitment consultants.

 Professional indemnity insurance may include cover for:

  • Defamation;
  • Dishonesty – such as theft or misappropriation of a client’s money;
  • Infringement of intellectual property rights, trademarks and broadcasting rights;
  • Loss or damage of data or documents belonging to your clients;
  • Negligent misstatement or misrepresentation, and breaches of duty of care;
  • Your mistakes or things you’ve failed to do.

Use and the quote form provided by Seopa Ltd. to find cheap Professional Indemnity Insurance.  You have the option of adding in Public Liability and Employer’s Liability as extras – just tick the boxes on the form to include them.  

Public Liability Insurance

This is not a legal requirement, but if your business brings you into contact with the public, or clients, then Public Liability Insurance makes sure that your business is covered against any claims for damages, such as personal injury, or property damage.  You’ll then have peace of mind and not have to worry about anyone who tries to make claims, whether or not these are genuine.  

It’s not only shop or salon owners, such as newsagents and hairdressers who need Public Liability Insurance. If you work from home, for example as a therapist, consultant, or any occupation where members of the public are visiting you, then you will be covered for any accidental injuries they might sustain whilst on your premises, such as tripping over a step and breaking an ankle.  It will also cover you if you cause any damage to someone else’s property whilst working in it.  
Policies will normally have certain exclusions – things that the insurance will not cover, such as your excess, asbestos issues, excavation work more than two metres deep, demolition work and other dangerous activities.  You will need to check carefully what exclusions are listed if you need cover for specialised dangerous work.  

The indemnity limit of Public Liability Insurance typically starts at £1,000,000.  If you need a higher limit, make sure you check a different figure in the quotation form.
NB: 12 months is the normal duration of a Public Liability policy, but claims from a previous year may come back to haunt you, so it’s wise to ensure continuous policy renewal. 

Use and the form provided by Seopa Ltd. to find cheap Public Liability cover.  You have the option of adding in Professional Indemnity and Employer’s Liability as optional extras – just tick the boxes on the form to include them.  

Tradesman Insurance

Tradesman Insurance is typically taken out by:

  • individual builders, scaffolders and roofers, contractors, engineers, electricians, painters and plumbers;
  • small and medium-sized companies whose work is industry-based;
  • professionals who do not require office insurance but who do need liability insurance and perhaps equipment cover as well, for example, health, hair and beauty practitioners, trainers, project managers, surveyors.

A tradesman who employs staff has a legal responsibility to have Employer’s Liability insurance in place so this option is available under a Tradesman Insurance policy, as is Public Liability Insurance and insurance on tools and equipment.  Just be sure to check the right boxes on Seopa Ltd's query form to suit your personal requirements.  Note that your details are only used for the purpose of obtaining your Tradesman Insurance quotation.

Landlord's Insurance

Landlord’s insurance is not the same as Home insurance. If you’re renting our property then Landlord’s insurance can provide protection for the property, the tenants and any rental activities. It may include cover for:

  • Public liability - so that tenants and their visitors, workmen etc. are insured against risk of injury as a result of a fault in your property
  • Property owner’s liability
  • Alternative tenant accommodation costs
  • Loss of rental if the property becomes uninhabitable, for example through fire, flood or other damage to the building;
  • Contents insurance – insuring tenants’ possessions is their personal responsibility, but insuring the furnishings is yours. (The fittings in the property should be covered under your Buildings insurance policy).
  • Glass and lock replacement

Use and the form provided by Seopa Ltd. to find cheap Landlord’s Insurance cover.  You have the option of residential only, commercial only, or mixed property cover. You also have the option of buildings only, contents only or combined buildings and contents insurance. Just tick the boxes on the form to suit your circumstances.  



Business Insurance Comparison Quotes